12 November 2007

observations:

Technorati is way less annoying and overwhelming when you are signed in as a member.

Claiming your blog is really easy.

I need more authority. But how does one do this without trolling for links? Guess I'll have to make myself witty and insightful and learn the art of self-promotion.

You definitely get different results depending on how you search Technorati.

The popularity rankings indicate that the geeks (and I say that totally considering myself one of them) have certainly inherited the earth. Or at least the internet. Or maybe it just goes to show that even though everyone and my mother is using the internet, the people who get excited enough about it to be a presence and join things like Technorati are still the geekily inclined.

People really like cats, especially when they talk funny.

Also people really like gossip and politics and gossip about politics.

No matter how many articles New York Magazine writes about them, Gawker Media is doing a-ok.

2 comments:

Susan Kusel said...

Just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your blog. And I totally agree, Technorati is MUCH easier once you've claimed your blog! I wish I'd figured that out sooner.
To give you a little authority, I just linked to Where Does That Leave You? from my blog Wizards Wireless. =)

Jenn said...

hey, thanks! and can i just say that i *love* that your blog is called "wizards wireless"? i wish i got that channel on my radio!