19 October 2007

oh, so this is how they do it

I think maybe using bloglines means that I will finally be one of those people who posts a ton of links (because look: it's so easy! they're right there!), instead of rambly, personal screeds. Well, maybe not entirely, but perhaps with a little practice I'll manage a nice little balance. Balance is key to virtually everything, no?

Thus ...
* Want to listen to a little Jane Austen on the way to the library? Or think maybe you'll finally get Ulysses, if only you hear it out loud? This article on free audio books may help you get the goods. (via Digg)

* Addictive way to brush up on vocab and help with world hunger. I'm so going to be recommending this to kids I know struggling as they study for standardized tests. (via the Longstockings)

* Poor celebrities - and pseudo-celebrities! People don't believe you really wrote your book or they think they're bad or you get accused of plagiarizing them. (via a few different places)

Ah, the predicted rain just started up again, although I think it's light enough still that I can make a quick dash to the coffeeshop. An afternoon there seems a cozy way to wind down my vacation week.

No comments: